Saturday 8 December 2018

Native Doctor Sexually Abuses Teenager with Epilepsy, Mother Demands Justice

Lauretta Omosogha


A widow and mother of two, Mrs. M. Oyedepo, is demanding for justice after a native doctor, Shina Segun, 35, sexually abused her 14 years old daughter (names withheld) suffering from epilepsy in Ijaniki area of Lagos. 

The alleged paedophile was said to have taken advantage of the teenager on Monday November 12, who was in his care to heal her of the epilepsy she has been suffering from for three years now in Era, Ijaniki area. 

According to the survivor, who has not been to school for three years now as a result of her condition, the native doctor physically abused her before he defiled her. “When he climbed my body, I wanted to shout but he slapped me very big on my face. I cried and hold my mwouth. And he slept with me”. 

The 14 years old, who looks stunted, was said to have shivered as she was being questioned in front of a huge crowd. "Baba did it three times". She spoke in Yoruba, " He slept on my body three times, different days.” 

Upon making this disclosure, the irate mob descended on the alleged rapist. “Slaps and planks from different directions were the instruments used to disorganise his body before the Lagos State Neighborhood Corps (LSNC) picked him up,” an eyewitness disclosed. 

The mother, who said she was confused when she found out, told THISDAY at the station, “All I want is justice for my daughter. I trusted him to heal her of her sickness and he abused her. He even beat her when she tried to shout.” 

She spoke further: “Shina approached me three years ago that he could heal my daughter of the epilepsy. I have spent so much money since it started three years ago. So, I gave him the more money to buy the medicine.” 

On the Monday of the incident, Shina was said to have instructed the mother to go home and bring pap because the medicine he would give her would make her weak.” 

Oyedepo told THISDAY that she quickly rushed home to get the pap. “I was home when a tricycle drove my daughter to the house naked. And the napes man asked if I’m the mother that my daughter said somebody defiled her. She wore only leggings.” 

At first the perpetrator denied the act, but at the Ijaniki station, he admitted that he defiled the vulnerable girl while in his custody. 

Although the case is currently with the Ijaniki Police Station, the Ben Bruce Foundation has rescued the teenager to provide her with the necessary medical help and ensure justice is served. 

The Programme Coordinator, Ben Bruce Foundation, Eti-Osa, Ore Adebiyi, expressed displeasure over the delay of the case. “I’m not pleased. This case happened on Monday and today is Thursday yet the perpetrator has not been charged to court.” 

The rescuer added: “We are taking the child to Mirabel centre today for further medical check. The child needs counselling and psychological help. Meanwhile the case is likely to be transferred to Gender Unit tomorrow.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment